Requirements for Employment *
* This position is one of 3 full-time staff ministerial positions at Rocky Bayou Baptist Church. RBBC holds that biblically, pastors, elders, and overseers as mentioned in the bible are one and the same. Therefore as we seek God for the man to fill the ministerial functions of this staff opening, we are also seeking for someone who will be serving in the future on our elder board (staff and non-staff pastors) who are called to lead Rocky. This staff member will be expected to attend to matters of prayer, the word, and the shepherd and care for God’s people. In that regard, this candidate must be Biblically qualified for the office of elder as described in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3. Additionally, the congregation must approve all elders, and therefore the called man may begin his ministry at Rocky as a staff “minister” to enable the congregation get to know him prior to his appointment as an elder candidate.
Please review the documents related to affirmations of faith HERE before applying for the Worship Pastor position. Glad-hearted agreement is a requirement for employment as well as membership at Rocky Bayou Baptist Church.
About Rocky Bayou Baptist Church
Rocky Bayou Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist, elder led community of believers. We desire to be Christ-exalting disciple makers and worshipers of God, striving to grow together in faith and in the knowledge of God as He has revealed Himself through His Word, and to connect people with the body of Christ through discipling relationships in Niceville Florida and in missions throughout the world. We have a passion to speak the gospel to everyone and to spread the gospel in cultures and language groups where Christ has not been proclaimed.
We are searching for an experienced music worship pastor. The music worship pastor will be led by the Holy Spirit to skillfully combine biblical truth with music to magnify God’s worthiness and the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. For gathered worship each Sunday, he will lead an experienced team of singers and instrumentalists that encourage the congregation in valuing and enjoying God in thanksgiving through the word of God and music.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- An experienced worship pastor with an undergraduate degree in music or music education is desired, with a Master's in music being preferred. Candidates with equivalent music experience and abilities will be considered.
- Experienced in reading music to include: choral octavos, orchestral scores, and lead sheets.
- Collegiate/seminary theological training are preferred but candidates with a strong background in ministry and practical experience in Biblical training will be considered.
Personal & Ministry Responsibilities and Skills
The Worship Pastor will strive to:
- Ensure his first loyalty is to God and the Word.
- Sustain a vital, growing relationship with the Lord through personal and corporate worship, study of God’s Word, prayer, and regular, ongoing fellowship with believers at Rocky.
- Undertake his duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
- Support the leadership of the Sr. Pastor generally, and specifically in leading Sunday morning worship music and other special events music.
- Maintain positive and fruitful relationships with other Rocky volunteers, employees, members, deacons, and the elders of Rocky.
- Honor God through servant leadership, discipleship, and oversight of the music worship team.
- Provide the vision and organizational skills necessary to work effectively within the context of his other responsibilities under the direction of the Sr. Pastor.
A detailed overview for the Worship Pastor responsibilities is available HERE.
Please read the following documents:
Please submit a résumé or questions to: Worship Pastor Ministry.